Saturday, June 7, 2008
Quick to prepare Basic Bread Recipe
I found this recipe on the internet.... but I cannot recall the website URL. But this recipe is very useful alternative to the previous bread recipe I posted, mainly because I can bake this bread in half the time needed by the previous bread recipe. Both recipes gave the same taste and smell. The only difference was the bread made with this recipe has slightly harder outer layer compared to the previous bread recipe.
Express Bread Recipe
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/8 cup margarine/butter
2 - 2.5 cup flour
1.5 tbs sugar
0.5 tsp salt
1 packet active dry yeast
1. Mix milk, water and butter in a small pan and heat up slowly until warm.
2. In a mixer, put in half of the flour and other dry ingredients. Mix at low speed until mix well
3. Gradually add the warm milk mixture. Mix well.
4. Then put in the other part of the flour graduallu until dough becomes smooth and not sticky on the mixing bowl.
5. Knead the dough for a few times.
6. Leave the dough in a greased mixing bowl for about 20-25min in a warm place.
7. Then divide the dough into rolls or loaf, whichever is preferred, and put in the suitable baking tin.
8. Let the dough rises again for 20-30min in a warm place.
9. Bake at 220C for 10-30 min, depending on the shape of the dough ( whether rolls or loaf, rolls will require shorter baking time) or until the bread become golden yellow.
10. brush with butter while still hot to get a softer outer layer.