Prep Time:10 min
Total Time:30 min
Servings: 4, one sandwich each
8 slices bread
1 tbsp. margarine, softened
3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut hole in center of each of 4 of the bread slices, using 1-1/2-inch cookie cutter or rim of drinking glass.
- Set cut-out bread slices aside. Discard removed bread circles or reserve for another use.
- Spread remaining bread slices with margarine. Place, margarine-sides down, in a baking tray. Sprinkle cheese on top of the bread.
- Top with cut-out bread slices to make four sandwiches.
- Break 1 egg into each hole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 min. or until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
Can also sprinkle shreded bacon together with the cheese for added flavour.