- have a lot of soon-to-be expired bread
- love simple recipe ( that's me!)
I have tried this recipe and taste yummy to me... ( I am not a fussy eater though, most food taste yummy to me
6 slices of bread
2 tablespoons butter/margarine,melted
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups of milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 175C / 350F
2. Cut bread into small pieces and arrange in a baking dish. Pour in the melted butter on top of the bread slices.
3. Mix the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence. Pour in the mixture over the bread and press lightly with a fork until all bread slices are covered by the egg mixture.
4. Bake for about 45 min or until the top of the pudding springs back when lightly pressed.
Bread pudding with raisins :sprinkle raisins on the bread before covering the bread with egg mixture.
Chocolate bread pudding: combines 2oz/2 squares unsweetened chocolate with milk, melt over low heat.