Basic White Bread
3 cups of flour
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 packet dried yeast
1 cup of warm water(~ 48°C)
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
1.In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Beating at low speed, add the water and butter. Continue beating at high speed for 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup flour and beat 4 minutes longer.
2. Put in 1 cup flour, or enough to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
3. Knead for about 8 to 10 minutes,, or until dough is smooth and elastic, adding a little more flour as necessary.
4.Place dough in a large buttered bowl, turning to butter top. Cover with a clean towel and let rise for about 1 hour in a
warm place, free of drafts.
5. Punch dough down; knead until smooth. cover with the mixing bowl, and let stand for 15 minutes longer. Roll into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Starting with the narrow edge, roll up, turning ends under to make loaf to fit pan.
6. Place roll seam side down in greased loaf pan, 9x5x3-inches. Cover pan with clean towel and let rise in warm place until double, about 45 minutes.
7. Bake loaf at 200°C for 25 to 30 minutes, or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped with fingers.
8. Remove from pans to racks; brush with butter for a soft, more flavourful crust, if desired