1 cup macaroni
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
salt and pepper to taste
1.5 cup milk
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
1 small onion ( if like)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the minced onion (if use) and cook until the onion softens and turns translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, pepper and salt until incorporated, then pour in the milk (gradually while stirring) and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring constantly until the milk has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Take the milk mixture off of the heat and stir in the Cheddar cheese until melted.
Pour cheese sauce over the macaroni.
Add boiled / steamed vegetables like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower if like.
Can also add more cheese on top of the macaroni and cheese sauce and baked for 15-20min in a preheated oven (175C).