Friday, September 26, 2008
1 cup flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp corn flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups coconut white milk (santan
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mung bean, boiled to soften and blended in a blender/food processor
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder, dissolve in 1/4 cup of warm water
1. Mix all ingredients A and sieve to make sure all are mixed well and smooth batter.
2. Divide into 2 portions
3. Mix in the blended mung bean into one portion and the cocoa mixture in the other portion.
4. Heat up the steamer ( I just use a wok with cover) and grease (with bit of cooking oil) the container you are going to use for cooking the batter. I just use a grease baking tin.
5. Pour in half of portion of the cocoa batter and steam for 3 min ( depends on how thick the layer is, the thicker the layer the longer the time needed to steam).
6. Then pour in half of the mung bean batter and steam for 3 min.
7. Repeat until all batter finish up.
8. Cool and slice according to your preference.
note: easier to slice with a grease(with cooking oil) knife
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
So just for fun here's what it says about my name
What's Sexy About Your Name
You are sexy because you are very dreamy. You are often lost in a lush fantasy.
You are a sincere and devoted partner. You are attracted to troubled souls.
You will do anything for the person you love, and in the bedroom, you aim to please.
Once you fall for someone, you're hooked. You give all of yourself to make the relationship work.
Of all the types, you're the most likely to have a secret fantasy life.
And for you, your fantasy life can be more real than your actual life at times.
Dare to find out what's sexy about your name? hahahaha..
Though I think I know how the quiz selects for description hehehe
Monday, September 22, 2008
What Your Handbag Says About You
You tend to be relaxed throughout the day. You are naturally at peace.
You are a low maintenance person. You can adapt to a variety of situations.
You are a very creative person. Your life tends to be a whirlwind, but you always seem to pull it together.
You are practical and down to earth. You tend to be a rather reserved and quiet person.
So did my handbag describe me well? How about you? Try it and find out yourself hehehehe
This is the old recipe I tried last year... if lab papa and the wifey can remember... I did bring some of these tarts to work and let our "food tasting gang" sampled some of it :). It is very soft and tasty pineapple tart... just ask lab papa hahahaha. You can use the recipe for your Raya cookies :).
50 g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
35g milk powder
375 g flour (this is an estimate, add as much as you needed, as long as it is easy to shape or mould)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp yellow food colouring
pineapple filling ( can be bought from supermarket or baking supplies shops)
1.Mix well butter and icing sugar.
2.Add in egg, mix well.
3. Pour in the vanilla essence and yellow colouring. Mix well
4. Add in the milk powder and half of the flour. Knead slowly. Add more flour until the dough does not stick to fingers.
5. Mould or shape according to whatever shapes you like with the pineapple filling in the middle.
6. Brush some egg yolk on the top of the cookies
7. Bake for 15min 180C.
Nice and simple but taste very nice..
Friday, September 19, 2008
40 g cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
100 g white sugar
110 g packed brown sugar
115 g butter,softened
65 g peanut butter (crunchy)
1 tsp vanilla extract
90 g icing sugar
195 g peanut butter (creamy)
1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder until well mix.
2. In bowl mixer, cream butter, peanut butter,white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla essence and egg. Mix in the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
3. For Filling: Mix peanut butter with icing sugar until well blended.
4. The cookie dough should be easy to mould with your fingers. Take 1 tbsp of the cookie dough and flatten it with your fingers. Fill in with 1 tsp of the filling and cover completely. Flatten the dough and place on baking tray ( remember to place them about 1-2cm apart )
5. Bake at 190C for 9 minutes.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
2 packet of instant noodle (Maggie Mee!)
1 red chili
oil to fry
salt to taste
1. Slice the onion and chili.
2. Boil the instant noodle until cooked ( not too soft) and remove the noodle from the water.
3. Beat the eggs until fluffy and add in a pinch of salt.
4. Add in all the ingredients into the beaten egg ( the noodle, sliced onion and chili and the instant noodle flavour packet /perasa maggie). Mix well.
5. Heat up the pan /wok and cook the instant noodle mixture with little bit of oil ( like cooking pancake). Cook each side until golden colour.
6. Serve while hot with some chili sauce.
Hahahahaha... i think I got this recipe from Maggie's website... long time ago but never tried it. Maybe one of these days hehehehe... Let me know if you have tried it.... some people said it tastes very yummy.
Monday, September 15, 2008
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups golden raisins and sultanas mix
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven at 15oC. Wash and dry raisins and sultanas mix.
- Grease and line cake tin with grease paper.
- Sift all purpose flour and baking powder together. Add in the sugar and the salt.
- Beat in the eggs with the flour mixture, one egg at a time. Mix well.
- Beat in the butter until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the dried fruits and mix well with a spoon.
- Turn batter into prepared cake tin, filling 2/3 full and spread batter evenly. Tap the cake tin on the work surface to pop any air bubbles.
- Bake 70-80mins. To test whether the cake is done, poke a skewer or a toothpick near the centre of the cake after baking for 1 hour. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove from oven. Allow to stand for about 5-1omins before turning the cake out on a wire rack to cool.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
All you need to do is list down the household chores you hate and why you hate it. Then copy the image provide and tag as many people as you want! Add your blogs link to the domesticated divas linky love and leave a comment at Stripe and Yellow to be added to the master list and you're done.
Actually I don't do house chores now as my maid does all (hehehehe....) so I am listing those chores that I dont like before I have a maid :). Kadusmama has listed all the chores I hate... I guess most people hate the same house chores.
Chores that I HATE!!!!!
Sweeping and the floor ~ Especially when you penat-penat sweep and then suddenly somebody came in and walk with the shoes on or leave things around in the living room...
Tidying kids toys ~ Sometimes when my maid is not around, I have to clean up after the kids' mess... but after a while, I will give up and just let the floor messy with all the toys. Now my 13 months old toddler is so rajin, she will clean up anything on the floor ( if not too heavy for her to lift) and throw them all in the playpen... but if she is in the playpen... all the toys in playpen will be thrown out on the floor pula..
Cleaning up after cooking ~ I like cooking but I hate cleaning up after cooking or baking hehehehe..
Cleaning the bathroom/toilet- I dont like scrubbing on the tiles.. very tiringlah..
DOMESTICATED DIVAS: Living the Healthy Life / Sripe&Yellow / Vanity Kit / Mind Bubbles / Something Purple / Em’s DetourMe,Myself+2 / Kidd Designs / FunFierceFabulous / Ozzy’s Mom / Insights from the Grocery Cart / Living A’ La Mode / God’s Best Gift / MommyAllehs Up-Close And Personal / My Precious Niche / Just Me.. Eds / Eds Mommy Life / Aggie Shoots Aggie Scraps / All Kinds of Me Stuff / The Salad Caper / Winding Creek Circle / InkBabyStudios / Joys in Life / Me and Mine / Little Peanut / Creative in Me/ Pea in a Pod / Sugarmagnolias / Notable Bistro / Around the World / I am Mommy / All About The Memories / Enchanted Play / In Depth / A Housewife’s Journal / Life Together Starts / As We Face Forever / My Happy Place /Iam Dzoi / Suburban Sass / To the Moon and Back / Raising Sandy / Walk on Red / All Things Me / Because Life Is Fun / Feels Like Home / Growing up with Bea / My life… my own piece of heaven / Around the World / Hobbies and Such / My life in this Wonderful World /My Online World / / My Virtual Closet / My Views On My So Called Life / The Real Deal The Real Me / Changing Lanes/ Pit Stop/ Around the World / The Fountain Of Happiness / The Joy Of Life Forever / Love Is / Phtographic Memories / My Colorful World / Strawberry Gurl / Quicker8 / Mommy’s Little Corner / The Dawn That Shines / Journey to Prosperity / Homelife / Sheng’s Simple Thoughts / Coriander Dreams / Gorgeous Traveller / A Traveller’s Domain / Lemon Iced Tea / It’s My Party / My Wonderful Life / Simple Life, Simply Me / Sassy Finds / All things Yummy / Shangrila Journey / My Charmed Life / Mommyhood and Me / Crissy’s Zone / Crissy’s Library / Vis Vires /Crissy’s Haven / My Daily Thoughts / Abby’s Way of Life / Princess Bela / Women Xplore / Our Journey to Life / My Planet Purple / And so I am / Arlene’s Random Ramblings / Life’s All About Lourdes’ Mia / Faery Dancing / Purpled Sky /Almanac Queen / Caramel Corn / Sunny Side Up Foodie / Mamakshop /My Sweet Escape / Anything Goes! /Mixed Cultures Mama's Blog/ A Recipe A Week/
I think all my bloggie friends have been tagged with this tag... so anybody want to do this.. you are most welcome :)
Sunday, September 7, 2008
I was tagged by Zanie today... so here am I completing this very easy peasy tag :). Thanks zanie. So here is a wish to all my muslim friends... "Tetap Bersinar Selama Ramadan". Have a blessed Ramadan month to you all.
So here is the instruction for this tag
Dibuat oleh: antownholic.blogspot.com, reskitrianto.blogspot.com, bashrie.blogspot.com,juzzyouandme.blogspot.com, sweethoney, sofiaroxy, darleeluv, a gift fRoM hEaRt, a gift from azza, sejenak bersamaku, cherita dapur, Was Will Always Me, Riezanie2u.blogspot.com, ibu-ayah-xtvt.blogspot.com, delicioushalalcake.blogspot.com, http://homebakery-leeza.blogspot.com/, http://riezanie2u.blogspot.com, A Recipe A Week
Copy the picture above and post it on your blog. Then list down 5 of your friends ( can be more if you want) whom you want to pass this tag and do not forget to leave a message in their blog informing them to come to your blog and collect the tag.
Lastly, add your website URL in the list above.
I am going to tag my fellow bloggie friends
2. Rin Chan
only 3 names.. but nevermind maybe their list will be longer hehehehhe
Selamat menjalankan tugas semoga kita akan terus bersinar hingga ke akhirnya...