Monday, July 7, 2008
My Version of Warung Burger
Aha! I just remembered these photos when lab papa posted his warung burger in his blog.
I wanted so much to eat warung style burger last Friday but when I thought about the way they make burgers in the stall near my place, how small and overcooked the burger patties were... I just had to cook and prepare my own burgers....
So here they were... so nice and juicy and satisfying!
I grilled the burger patties instead of frying them.. so the patties were still juicy, yummy, yummy for our tummies hahahahaha
Kadus mama asked me to write down the recipe.... so here's for my blogger friend Kadus Mama :)
This is for one burger.. if you want to make more, then add the amount appropriately.
1 burger bun
2 burger "Ramly" patties
cabbage - sliced thinly
Tomato chili sauce
Cheddar cheese slices
Mayonaise ( if like.. I dont :) )
1. Grill the burger patties until they cooked (dont overcooked! )
2. Whisk / beat the egg and cook like a scrambled egg.
3. Cut the bun into two and spread some margarine or butter on the cut sides.
4. Brown the sides with margarine on a hot pan.
5. Arrange the ingredients on the warmed bun - cheese first, burger patty 1,tomato chili sauce, egg, some sliced cabbage, burger patty 2, chili sauce and then cheese. To have a delicious taste of cheese... make sure the patties are still hot :)
You can arrange them anyway you like actually......