My eldest's birthday was on the 13th October, I wanted to order a cake from the bakery but she insisted that I bake a chocolate cake for her and she will help to decorate. Sooo... I decided to bake a chocolate cupcakes for her to decorate and bring them to schools to share with her classmates.
125gm unsalted butter
125gm Castor sugar
125gm self-raising flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
80gm chocolate chips
1. Mix the butter and castor sugar until fluffy
2. Then add the flour and cocoa powder slowly until all done and mixed together.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla essence and mix.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour into cupcakes or muffin baking tray (lined with cupcakes cups or papers) until 2/3 full.
6. Bake at 180C for 20-25min.
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 can (397g) condensed milk
1. Beat margarine with cocoa powder till well blended.
2. Gradually add the condensed milk and stir till smooth.
3. Ready to use.
Isn't it easy peasy? Here are some photoes of the cupcakes
Here's how they look like after they were out from the oven
Here's a peek of what's going on inside the cupcake
And here are the the cupcakes decorated by the birthday girl, ready to be shared with her classmates and she is sooo proud with the deco... as long as she is happy and her classmates enjoyed the cupcakes, that's all matter to me :) .