Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Egg Tarts.. my version

I have wanting to try the egg tarts recipe since last year but never get the chance to do it. Finally one night when my kids were already sleeping..at 10.30pm.. I decided I want to bake the egg tarts.. thought that I had all the ingredients at home but turned out there were one or two ingredients that I didn't have at that time.. but.. I decided to be adventurous ( kunun..) and try to use other things to replace them..

Here is the recipe that I used (my version of course..)

Ingredients

1 cup icing sugar
3 cups flour
1 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence

Filling:

3/4 cup water
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup condensed milk

DIRECTIONS
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the icing sugar and flour. Mix in butter with a fork or fingers until it is in small crumbs.

2. Mix in the egg and vanilla until the mixture forms a dough. The texture should be slightly moist. Add more butter if it is too dry, or more flour, if the dough seems greasy.

3. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and press the balls into tart molds ( I just used a cupcake baking tin) so that it covers the bottom, and goes up higher than the sides. Use fork to shape the edges.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C.

5. Combine the filling ingredients and strain the filling through a sieve. Fill the tart shells.

6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown, and the filling is puffed up a little bit.

The result... tadaaa...





No the best looking ones.. but still taste yummy hehehehe... I can save up to RM10 with this recipe... since I think the egg tarts are sold at RM1.20 each in the bakery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment